- GDP growth has fallen sharply in 2017 to a projected -1.8 percent.
- Reserve assets grow and the outlook for tourism and petroleum remains positive.
- Private consumption has been robust in 2017, but public and private investment has declined.
- Offshore oil production continues to decline, however strong Petroleum Fund investment returns has lifted GNI.
- Coffee exports dropped from US$23million in 2016 to US$14million in 2017. This reflects seasonal volatility and exports continue to trend upwards over the long term.