World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim's statement on the Third Anniversary of the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami
March 11, 2014
TOKYO, March 11, 2014 — The following is a statement by the World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim:
"On the occasion of the third anniversary of the Great East Japan Earthquake and tsunami, the World Bank Group especially remembers the victims and families of the disaster, as well as the people of Japan involved in rebuilding communities and reviving livelihoods."
"The lessons from the experience in Tohoku motivate and energize us to maintain our focus on strengthening resilience to natural disasters in Japan and other prone areas."
"Together, with the people of Japan, we are inspired to continuously contribute to disaster risk management and mitigation program in support of global communities."
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”