World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim's statement on the Third Anniversary of the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami
March 11, 2014
TOKYO, March 11, 2014 — The following is a statement by the World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim:
"On the occasion of the third anniversary of the Great East Japan Earthquake and tsunami, the World Bank Group especially remembers the victims and families of the disaster, as well as the people of Japan involved in rebuilding communities and reviving livelihoods."
"The lessons from the experience in Tohoku motivate and energize us to maintain our focus on strengthening resilience to natural disasters in Japan and other prone areas."
"Together, with the people of Japan, we are inspired to continuously contribute to disaster risk management and mitigation program in support of global communities."
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth