World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim's statement on the Third Anniversary of the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami
March 11, 2014
TOKYO, March 11, 2014 — The following is a statement by the World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim:
"On the occasion of the third anniversary of the Great East Japan Earthquake and tsunami, the World Bank Group especially remembers the victims and families of the disaster, as well as the people of Japan involved in rebuilding communities and reviving livelihoods."
"The lessons from the experience in Tohoku motivate and energize us to maintain our focus on strengthening resilience to natural disasters in Japan and other prone areas."
"Together, with the people of Japan, we are inspired to continuously contribute to disaster risk management and mitigation program in support of global communities."
- Philippines: World Bank Group President Speech at the Daylight Dialogue
- New Study Adds Up the Benefits of Climate-Smart Development in Lives, Jobs, and GDP
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth
- Forests Are Creating Momentum for Climate Negotiations
- How Tanzania Plans To Achieve "Big Results Now" in Education