The Vietnam Anti–Corruption Initiative Program 2014 Launched with The Theme 'Transparency, Integrity and Accountability'
December 9, 2013
Hanoi, December 09, 2013 - The Government Inspectorate, the World Bank in Vietnam and other donors today launched the Vietnam Anti – Corruption Initiative Program 2014 (VACI 2014) under the theme “Transparency, Integrity and Accountability”.
Mr. Nguyen Van Thanh – Deputy Government Inspector General, Ms. Victoria Kwakwa – Country Director for the World Bank Vietnam, representatives from the Irish Aid and the Department for International Development (DFID-UK) which co-sponsor the Program, attended the launch.
At the launching press conference the Program, Mr. Nguyen Van Thanh, Deputy Government Inspector General highlighted the importance of community’s participation in anti- corruption and expressed appreciation of the initiatives that have been funded and implemented under VACI 2013, 2011 and Vietnam Innovation Day 2009 under the same theme.
“Vietnam Anti – Corruption Initiative Program 2014” is the third and also the last program of the Vietnam Anti – Corruption Initiatives (VACI) Program series. The first VACI program was organized in 2011 with 160 participating proposals, of which 34 best proposals received funding for implementation. The second VACI program was organized in 2013 with 24 awarded initiatives.
The VACI 2014 looks for and supports the implementation of innovative ideas at the grassroots level to strengthen transparency, integrity and accountability, and to reduce corruption. At least 20 awards are expected to be presented to the most innovative and feasible proposals with the total grants of more than VND 6 billion for implementation.
The program consists of two major components:
• Innovation Competition – is an open competition through a jury process. Through this competition, funds for project implementation will be awarded to the most outstanding and innovative proposals, meeting requirements of the Program on the themes, contents and formats and feasibility. Winning proposals will be classified into 2 categories: (1) New initiatives; and (2) Proposals which endeavour to apply successful models of previous VACI, including (i) the Scale up of Winning proposals of previous VACI (VID 2009, VACI 2011, VACI 2013) (ii) the application of models set by Organizing Committee (these models are proposed based on the implementation of previous winning proposals).
• Knowledge Exchange – is a series of activities for sharing knowledge on the legal framework, updating new developments and situation, sharing practical experience as well as other issues relating to the theme of transparency, integrity and accountability for effective anti – corruption, focusing on such sub – themes, including building a service – oriented public administration, strengthening public service ethics, strengthening transparency and the right to access information and improving accountability. The activities could take place throughout the Program.
The deadline for proposal submission is by 5:00 PM March 21st, 2014.The announcement on the winning proposals will be made in May 2014.
For further information, please contact:
Ms. Phạm Thị Thanh Hiền,
Department of International Cooperation, Government Inspectorate
Tel: 080.48070 Fax: 080.48109
Ms. Chu Thị Thúy Linh
The World Bank in Vietnam
Tel: (04) 3934-6600 (ext. 335)
- Philippines: World Bank Group President Speech at the Daylight Dialogue
- New Study Adds Up the Benefits of Climate-Smart Development in Lives, Jobs, and GDP
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth
- Forests Are Creating Momentum for Climate Negotiations
- How Tanzania Plans To Achieve "Big Results Now" in Education