LOANS & CREDITS
Nicaragua - Sustainable Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Sector
- In Washington, DC
- Marcela Sanchez-Bender
- Tel : +1 (202) 473-5863
Washington DC, March 18, 2014—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Credit: US $14.3 million equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 40 years, Grace = 10 years
IDA Grant: US $15.7 million equivalent
Project ID: P147006
Project Description: The objectives of the project are to increase the access to sustainable water supply and sanitation (WSS) services in selected poor rural areas through the consolidation of rural WSS sector institutions and the provision of adequate infrastructure; and to improve Nicaragua's capacity to respond promptly and effectively to an eligible emergency.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”