LOANS & CREDITS
Bangladesh - Rural Electricity Transmission and Distribution Project
- In Washington
- Gabriela Aguilar
- Tel : 202-473-6768
Washington DC, February 28, 2014—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
The objective of the project is to reduce system losses and enhance capacity in the rural distribution network of primarily the eastern part of Bangladesh. This project will support construction of new lines and upgrading of existing lines, as well as construction of new substations.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth