LOANS & CREDITS
Bangladesh - Rural Electricity Transmission and Distribution Project
- In Washington
- Gabriela Aguilar
- Tel : 202-473-6768
Washington DC, February 28, 2014—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
The objective of the project is to reduce system losses and enhance capacity in the rural distribution network of primarily the eastern part of Bangladesh. This project will support construction of new lines and upgrading of existing lines, as well as construction of new substations.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”