LOANS & CREDITS
Tuvalu - Aviation Investment Project
- In Washington
- Marilene B. Montemayor
- Tel : (202) 473-4709
Washington DC, November 1, 2013—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
Tuvalu - Aviation Investment Project [Additional Financing]
IDA Grant: US6.06 million equivalent
Project ID: P145310
Project Description: The objective of the project is to improve the safety and security of air transport and associated infrastructure. The project will resurface the paved roads in Funafuti which provide access to the airport, provide fresh water storage, and support exporting solid waste from Funafuti atoll.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”