LOANS & CREDITS
Madagascar - Proposed Emergency Recovery Credit for an Emergency Infrastructure Preservation and Vulnerability Reduction Project
- In Washington
- Aby Toure
- Tel : (202) 473-8302
Washington DC, November 29, 2012—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Credit: US$102 million equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 40 years; Grace = 10 years
Project ID: P132101
Project Description: The project will contribute to preserving infrastructure and reducing household vulnerability in targeted areas. It will restore all-weather access on key national roads, rehabilitate basic infrastructure, preserve agricultural capacity and provide short-term employment opportunities to vulnerable households. It will also build resilience to further shocks through the provision of disaster risk management activities.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”