LOANS & CREDITS
Vietnam - Avian and Human Influenza Control and Preparedness Project [Additional Financing]
- Marilene B. Montemayor
- Tel : (202) 473-4709
Washington DC, June 30, 2011—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Credit: US$10 Million Equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 35 years; Grace = 10 years
Project ID: P123783
Program Description: The project aims to increase the effectiveness of government services in reducing the health risk to poultry and humans from avian influenza in eleven high priority provinces. In turn this will contribute to addressing highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) at the national level by (i) controlling the disease at source in domestic poultry; (ii) early detection and response to poultry and human cases; and (iii) preparing for the medical consequences of a human pandemic.
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim to visit India
- Indonesia Economic Quarterly, July 2014: Hard Choices
- India: Skilled Jobs Help Rural Youth Fulfil Long-cherished Dreams