LOANS & CREDITS
Vietnam - Avian and Human Influenza Control and Preparedness Project [Additional Financing]
- Marilene B. Montemayor
- Tel : (202) 473-4709
Washington DC, June 30, 2011—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Credit: US$10 Million Equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 35 years; Grace = 10 years
Project ID: P123783
Program Description: The project aims to increase the effectiveness of government services in reducing the health risk to poultry and humans from avian influenza in eleven high priority provinces. In turn this will contribute to addressing highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) at the national level by (i) controlling the disease at source in domestic poultry; (ii) early detection and response to poultry and human cases; and (iii) preparing for the medical consequences of a human pandemic.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth