LOANS & CREDITS
Vietnam - Avian and Human Influenza Control and Preparedness Project [Additional Financing]
- Marilene B. Montemayor
- Tel : (202) 473-4709
Washington DC, June 30, 2011—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Credit: US$10 Million Equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 35 years; Grace = 10 years
Project ID: P123783
Program Description: The project aims to increase the effectiveness of government services in reducing the health risk to poultry and humans from avian influenza in eleven high priority provinces. In turn this will contribute to addressing highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) at the national level by (i) controlling the disease at source in domestic poultry; (ii) early detection and response to poultry and human cases; and (iii) preparing for the medical consequences of a human pandemic.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”