LOANS & CREDITS
Kiribati – Road Rehabilitation Project
- Marilene B. Montemayor
- Tel : (202) 473-4709
Washington DC, March 1, 2011—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Grant: US$20 million equivalent
Project ID: P122151
Project Description: The project will improve the condition of South Tarawa's main road network and help strengthen road financing and maintenance capacity. Infrastructure improvements will be undertaken on the South Tarawa road including the reconstruction and rehabilitation of Paved Roads on South Tarawa and rehabilitation of the Betio causeway. The funding will also lead to more sustainable main road infrastructure in South Tarawa.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth