LOANS & CREDITS
Kiribati – Road Rehabilitation Project
- Marilene B. Montemayor
- Tel : (202) 473-4709
Washington DC, March 1, 2011—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Grant: US$20 million equivalent
Project ID: P122151
Project Description: The project will improve the condition of South Tarawa's main road network and help strengthen road financing and maintenance capacity. Infrastructure improvements will be undertaken on the South Tarawa road including the reconstruction and rehabilitation of Paved Roads on South Tarawa and rehabilitation of the Betio causeway. The funding will also lead to more sustainable main road infrastructure in South Tarawa.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”