LOANS & CREDITS
Bhutan – Proposed First Development Policy Credit
- Benjamin Crow
- Tel : (202) 473-5105
Washington DC, November 30, 2010—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Credit: $US24.75 equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 20 years; Grace = 10 years
Project ID: P113069
Project Description: The objective of the development policy credit is to strengthen institutions in order to help make government more effective. This will be achieved through sound public financial management and procurement and strong public administration. In addition, it will assist in private sector development by improving policies and creating productive employment opportunities. Finally, the project will increase access to infrastructure (roads, urban, ICT) in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”