LOANS & CREDITS
Bhutan – Proposed First Development Policy Credit
- Benjamin Crow
- Tel : (202) 473-5105
Washington DC, November 30, 2010—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Credit: $US24.75 equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 20 years; Grace = 10 years
Project ID: P113069
Project Description: The objective of the development policy credit is to strengthen institutions in order to help make government more effective. This will be achieved through sound public financial management and procurement and strong public administration. In addition, it will assist in private sector development by improving policies and creating productive employment opportunities. Finally, the project will increase access to infrastructure (roads, urban, ICT) in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth