LOANS & CREDITS
Brazil: AIDS-SUS Project
- Stevan Jackson
- Tel : (202) 458-5054
Washington DC, May 18, 2010—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IBRD Loan: US$67 million equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 30 years; Grace = 5 years
Project ID: P113540
Project Description: The project will increase prevention, care and treatment services for groups most at risk of HIV/AIDS and sexually transmitted diseases (STD) in the country, and support the Government’s efforts to improve health program performance through improved governance, decentralization and results-based management. The Government has invested heavily in the prevention and treatment of HIV/AIDS and other STDs, targeting groups most at risk, and offering antiretroviral treatment – free of charge – to all identified patients who qualify for it. However, Brazil is witnessing changes in the epidemic’s profile and is seeking to fine tune its policy. In recent years, the epidemic has been spreading to women, poorer groups, and towards the interior of the country.
- Philippines: World Bank Group President Speech at the Daylight Dialogue
- New Study Adds Up the Benefits of Climate-Smart Development in Lives, Jobs, and GDP
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth
- Forests Are Creating Momentum for Climate Negotiations
- How Tanzania Plans To Achieve "Big Results Now" in Education