LOANS & CREDITS
Bhutan: Second Urban Development Project
- Erik Nora
- Tel : (202) 458-4735
Washington DC, April 29, 2010—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Credit: US$12 million equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 20 years; Grace = 10 years
Project ID: P090157
Project Description: The Second Urban Development Project for Bhutan aims to proposed project development objectives are to: (i) support Bhutan’s municipal reform program by strengthening municipal management systems in Thimphu and Phuentsholing; and (ii) improve infrastructure services in northern Thimphu where no formal services are currently available.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”