LOANS & CREDITS
Bhutan: Second Urban Development Project
- Erik Nora
- Tel : (202) 458-4735
Washington DC, April 29, 2010—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Credit: US$12 million equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 20 years; Grace = 10 years
Project ID: P090157
Project Description: The Second Urban Development Project for Bhutan aims to proposed project development objectives are to: (i) support Bhutan’s municipal reform program by strengthening municipal management systems in Thimphu and Phuentsholing; and (ii) improve infrastructure services in northern Thimphu where no formal services are currently available.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth