LOANS & CREDITS
Burkina Faso: Health Sector Support and Multisectoral AIDS-Additional Financing Grant
- Aby Toure
- Tel : (202) 473-8302
Washington DC, June 5, 2008—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Grant: US$15 Million
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The original project development objective, which remains unchanged in this additional financing, is to support implementation of the Government of Burkina Faso's health sector and multi-sectoral HIV/AIDS strategies, in order to accelerate progress toward the Millennium Development Goals. The original project has two components. Component (A) provides support for the national health strategy for: (i) improved quality and utilization of maternal and child health services; (ii) malaria prevention and treatment; and (iii) treatment for HIV/AIDS and sexually transmissible infections. Component (B) supports the National HIV/AIDS Strategy through a pooled fund at the National AIDS Council to: (i) improve knowledge of HIV prevention and encourage adoption of lower risk
behaviors, among high-risk groups as well as the general population; and (ii) mitigate the socioeconomic consequences o f the AIDS epidemic through improved coverage of social safety nets.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”