LOANS & CREDITS
Burundi: Multisectoral HIV/AIDS Project
- Herbert Boh
- Tel : (202) 473-3548
Washington DC, May 13, 2008—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Grant: US$15 million
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The project aims to increase the coverage and /or utilization of a selected set of preventive and treatment services, among groups highly vulnerable to or affected by HIV/AIDS. The National strategy includes specific indicators for each of these objectives, and a few have been selected for the Project Preparation Facility (PPF) request. A final agreement on key indicators including the scorecard indicators adopted by the Africa region will be agreed upon before appraisal.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth