LOANS & CREDITS
Burundi: Multisectoral HIV/AIDS Project
- Herbert Boh
- Tel : (202) 473-3548
Washington DC, May 13, 2008—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Grant: US$15 million
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The project aims to increase the coverage and /or utilization of a selected set of preventive and treatment services, among groups highly vulnerable to or affected by HIV/AIDS. The National strategy includes specific indicators for each of these objectives, and a few have been selected for the Project Preparation Facility (PPF) request. A final agreement on key indicators including the scorecard indicators adopted by the Africa region will be agreed upon before appraisal.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”