LOANS & CREDITS
Afghanistan: HIV/AIDS Prevention Project
- Erik Nora
- Tel : (202) 458 4735
Washington DC, July 31, 2007—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA GRANT: US$10 million
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The project is designed to strengthen national capacity to respond to the epidemic by scaling up prevention programs targeting people engaged in high risk behaviors, including injecting drug use and unsafe sex. These vulnerable groups at high risk include Injecting Drugs Users (IDUs), sex workers and their clients, truckers, and prisoners.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”