LOANS & CREDITS
Afghanistan: HIV/AIDS Prevention Project
- Erik Nora
- Tel : (202) 458 4735
Washington DC, July 31, 2007—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA GRANT: US$10 million
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The project is designed to strengthen national capacity to respond to the epidemic by scaling up prevention programs targeting people engaged in high risk behaviors, including injecting drug use and unsafe sex. These vulnerable groups at high risk include Injecting Drugs Users (IDUs), sex workers and their clients, truckers, and prisoners.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth