LOANS & CREDITS
Kenya: Total War Against HIV and AIDS Project
- Beldina Auma-Owuor
- Tel : (202) 458 7307
Washington DC, June 26, 2007—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA CREDIT: US$80 million
TERMS: Grace = 10 years; Maturity = 40 years.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The project will assist Kenya to further reduce the prevalence of HIV/AIDS, which dropped from over 13 percent in 2001 to about 6 percent in 2005, by further strengthening the governance of the National AIDS Control Council—the lead agency for designing strategies and overseeing the implementation of programs to control the pandemic. The programs include the use of grant funds by non-governmental organizations (NGOs) which will be subjected to rigorous and transparent processes of selection, implementation monitoring and performance. This approach includes greater community oversight and blacklisting of NGOs that do not perform.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth