LOANS & CREDITS
Kenya: Total War Against HIV and AIDS Project
- Beldina Auma-Owuor
- Tel : (202) 458 7307
Washington DC, June 26, 2007—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA CREDIT: US$80 million
TERMS: Grace = 10 years; Maturity = 40 years.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The project will assist Kenya to further reduce the prevalence of HIV/AIDS, which dropped from over 13 percent in 2001 to about 6 percent in 2005, by further strengthening the governance of the National AIDS Control Council—the lead agency for designing strategies and overseeing the implementation of programs to control the pandemic. The programs include the use of grant funds by non-governmental organizations (NGOs) which will be subjected to rigorous and transparent processes of selection, implementation monitoring and performance. This approach includes greater community oversight and blacklisting of NGOs that do not perform.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”