LOANS & CREDITS
Bhutan: Second Development Policy GrantBhutan: Second Development Policy Grant
- Benjamin Crow
- Tel : (202) 473-5105
Washington DC, June 20, 2007—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA GRANT: US$ 12 million
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The project is designed to support the government’s development strategy in enhancing economic growth, achieving better socioeconomic outcomes, and reducing poverty. Building on the objectives of the first operation, this grant specifically aims to help Bhutan enhance economic performance as well as the delivery of public services, and create better income earning opportunities. It is designed to facilitate greater labor market flexibility and increase foreign direct investment.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”