LOANS & CREDITS
Bhutan: Second Development Policy GrantBhutan: Second Development Policy Grant
- Benjamin Crow
- Tel : (202) 473-5105
Washington DC, June 20, 2007—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA GRANT: US$ 12 million
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The project is designed to support the government’s development strategy in enhancing economic growth, achieving better socioeconomic outcomes, and reducing poverty. Building on the objectives of the first operation, this grant specifically aims to help Bhutan enhance economic performance as well as the delivery of public services, and create better income earning opportunities. It is designed to facilitate greater labor market flexibility and increase foreign direct investment.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth