LOANS & CREDITS
Ethiopia: Second Multi-Sectoral HIV/AIDS Project
- Tim Carrington
- Tel : (202) 473-8133
Washington DC, March 8, 2007—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA GRANT: US$20 million
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The project aims to increase access to preventative services for most groups at risk of contracting the disease, and youth, particularly young women ages 15-24. The grant will also help to sustain HIV/AIDS efforts begun under Ethiopia’s first multi-sector AIDS program.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”