LOANS & CREDITS
Ethiopia: Second Multi-Sectoral HIV/AIDS Project
- Tim Carrington
- Tel : (202) 473-8133
Washington DC, March 8, 2007—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA GRANT: US$20 million
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The project aims to increase access to preventative services for most groups at risk of contracting the disease, and youth, particularly young women ages 15-24. The grant will also help to sustain HIV/AIDS efforts begun under Ethiopia’s first multi-sector AIDS program.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth