LOANS & CREDITS
Rwanda: Multi-Sector HIV/AIDS Project
- Herbert Boh
- Tel : (202) 473 3548
Washington DC, February 1, 2007—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA GRANT: US$10 million
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The objective of the project is to assist the Government in consolidating the gains from the initial investments, focusing on interventions with the most significant impact with regard to HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care. The additional financing will reinforce prevention activities in priority sectors, support the decentralization and integration of AIDS care and treatment in the former MAP provinces and plan for their sustainability. It will also respond to the unmet demand of civil society groups to fund school fees and income generating activities with an increased focus on microfinance to enhance sustainability, put in place capacities in the newly established districts, and consolidate support for institutional strengthening for key coordinating bodies.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”