LOANS & CREDITS
Rwanda: Multi-Sector HIV/AIDS Project
- Herbert Boh
- Tel : (202) 473 3548
Washington DC, February 1, 2007—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA GRANT: US$10 million
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The objective of the project is to assist the Government in consolidating the gains from the initial investments, focusing on interventions with the most significant impact with regard to HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care. The additional financing will reinforce prevention activities in priority sectors, support the decentralization and integration of AIDS care and treatment in the former MAP provinces and plan for their sustainability. It will also respond to the unmet demand of civil society groups to fund school fees and income generating activities with an increased focus on microfinance to enhance sustainability, put in place capacities in the newly established districts, and consolidate support for institutional strengthening for key coordinating bodies.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth