The Knowledge for Development Community or KDCs are schools, policy and research institutions in the Philippines that work in partnership with the World Bank to promote knowledge sharing and citizen engagement about development issues. They were established through a knowledge partnership between the World Bank and these institutions since 2002.
The KDCs are:
- Online resource centers which provide free access to the World Bank’s Open Development sites.
- Knowledge facilitators which providing training on the use of the World Bank’s Open Development data, tools, and platform.
- Convenors of dialogues on development issues, such as governance, education, health, climate change and disaster risk reduction and economic growth. They are channels which facilitate information exchange and feedback through consultation and discussion with members of civil society to include the government, the private sector, development agencies, academe, media, non-government organizations and people’s organizations.
- Supported by development partners that provide information about development issues
KDCs in the Philippines
There are currently 19 KDCs in the Philippines, including the World Bank. The KDCs are spread throughout the Philippines – 8 in Metro Manila, 4 in Luzon, 4 in Visayas and 4 in Mindanao. If you would like to learn more about the KDCs or access any of the online resource centers, you may reach them at their official websites.
- World Bank Philippines (Taguig City)
- Asian Institute of Management (Makati City)
- Ateneo de Naga University (Naga City)
- Central Philippine University (Iloilo City)
- De La Salle University – Jesse M. Robredo Institute of Governance City of Manila)
- House of Representatives KDC (Quezon City)
- National Economic and Development Authority (Pasig City)
- Notre Dame University (Cotabato City)
- Palawan State University (Puerto Princesa City)
- Philippine Institute for Development Studies (Quezon City)
- Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation (City of Manila)
- Saint Paul University Philippines (Tuguegarao City)
- Silliman University (Dumaguete City)
- University of San Carlos (Cebu City)
- University of Southeastern Philippines (Davao City)
- University of the Philippines Los Baños (Laguna)
- University of the Philippines School of Economics (Quezon City)
- Western Mindanao State University (Zamboanga City)
- Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan