The Objectives of Symposium
The symposium with the theme “Balancing Sustainability and Social Mandate: Development Financial Institutions in a New World” is intended to provide an avenue for various stakeholders of DFIs, which include government officials, regulators, DFIs, academia and researchers; to share, learn as well as exchanging of ideas on the global trends, current and future outlook, best practices & regulations, innovations and contemporary issues surrounding the development finance ecosystem.
The following are the broad objectives of the symposium:
- Assess the role and recent evolution of DFIs, including global trends, new paradigms in development finance, and new role for DFIs in fulfilling the sustainable development goals (SDGs).
- Showcase successful cases of DFIs in SME finance, agriculture finance, export-import finance, infrastructure finance.
- Distill sound practices on corporate governance, regulation & supervision, risk management, and monitoring and evaluation of DFIs
- Identify social and environmental standards for DFIs; and
- Discuss the challenges faced by DFIs looking forward.
The Global Symposium will convene up to four hundred global policymakers responsible for the development of finance sector, government officials, regulators, DFIs players and potential players, academia and researchers