In a world of changing climate and evolving priorities, now, more than ever, reliable data and evidence-based knowledge is needed to empower transformation in Africa.
The World Bank Group has published over 4,000 research titles on Africa’s most pressing regional and national development issues. Our compelling knowledge products reflect Africa’s needs and ambitions—and our own experiences on the ground—to foster innovation and impact in Africa’s development today and into the future.
The World Bank Africa Knowledge Fest brings you our most recent, relevant knowledge products and celebrates some of the most dynamic thinkers on Africa’s development today. Join us in Washington, D.C. or a city near you (event programming may vary by location).
- Huge selection of cutting-edge research, data and analysis
- Insightful discussions with leading economists
- Provocative debate with development experts—vote for the winner!
- Award for most impactful knowledge product on Africa
- Live musical performances by Richard Bona in Washington, D.C.
A wide range of materials from across the World Bank will be available to explore and take home:
- Africa Chief Economist Office
- Africa Gender Innovation Lab
- Development Economics Group
- Environment and Natural Resources
- Finance and Markets
- Health, Nutrition, and Population
- Macroeconomics and Fiscal Management
- Open Learning Campus
- Social Development
- Social Protection and Labor
- Trade and Competitiveness
- Transport and ICT
- Urban and Disaster Risk Management
The Africa Knowledge Fest is produced by the Africa Region of the World Bank, through a partnership between the Office of the Chief Economist in the Africa Region and the Africa Communications and Partnerships team.