In April 22, 2014, The World Bank and the International Institute of Development of Contract Relations (Russian University of Peoples’ Friendship) will host a one day workshop on Global Outlook of Modern Contractual Systems, for an in-depth discussion on today's public procurement issues facing the industry.
The workshop will bring together local and international experts and practitioners, as well as representatives of Russia's Ministry of Economic Development, the Federal Treasury and Moscow administration. The workshop will also feature a number of sessions and panels with leading global experts, to showcase the best public procurement practices and policies around the world:
- Hiba M. F. Tahboub - The World Bank's Regional Procurement Manager for Europe and Central Asia - "Why and how to monitor the performance of public procurement systems".
- Bryan Clifford Cook - Division Manager of the World Bank's General Services Department - "Procurement performance monitoring based on metrics recently implemented in Corporate Procurement."
- Alison J. Micheli - The World Bank's Lead Counsel, Legal Department - "The good practices in public procurement laws."
Other topics include:
- Russian legislation on public procurement
- Global practice in public contract systems
- Roles of international, multilateral, federal and domestic institutions in planning and evaluation of public procurement.
Meeting materials will be available on the event's website. We are inviting participants engaged in public procurement industry. The seminar will be conducted in the premises of the Russian Peoples' Friendship University: Moscow, Miklukho-Maklaya 6.
Early registration is not required, no meals and accommodation provided. For any additional information and details please visit event's website.