Statistics for Results Facility Catalytic Fund (SRF-CF)
Two new SRF projects were aproved over the last year, Ethiopia (US$10 million) and Listening to Africa (US$1.8 million), bringing the current total to nine SRF-CF projects.
An evaluation of the SRF is currently being conducted.
The Statistics for Results Facility (SRF) is a product of recent global discussions on scaling up support for statistics, and is in line with the Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness, advocating strong commitments to harmonize and align aid delivery by the donor community. Its goal is to increase developing countries’ capacity to formulate development policies and for evidence-based decision making through sustained improvement in production, availability, quality, and use of statistics for managing and measuring development results. The aim of the Statistics for Results Facility Catalytic Fund (SRF-CF) is to support this goal. More specifically, the SRF Catalytic Fund aims to:
- Stimulate support for implementing National Statistical Plans (National Strategies for the Development of Statistics, NSDS or similar statistical development plans);
- Promote a system-wide approach in statistics at country level;
- Promote improved coordination and partnership between statistics users and statistical producers; and
- Deliver more efficient and effective aid and technical assistance for strengthening statistical systems and results measurement.
- The SRF-CF has been established for an initial pilot phase, with contributions from the United Kingdom and the Netherlands. To launch its operations, the SRF-CF selected a few pilot countries to apply for SRF-CF grants. Following an evaluation of the pilot phase, the SRF-CF may be broadened to include additional countries.