Economic Update for Moldova
October 7, 2013
Moldova’s economic growth has accelerated and its external position has strengthened. However, risks to economic outlook from external shocks remain substantial and the country needs to speed up structural reforms to reduce poverty and boost shared prosperity, points a new Economic Update launched today by the World Bank.
A Special Topic paper addressing agricultural subsidies examines Moldova’s agricultural subsidies program and ways to improve the equity and efficiency of public capital spending on agriculture, including ways to support innovative and competitive investments in the sector.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth