Economic Update for Moldova
October 7, 2013
Moldova’s economic growth has accelerated and its external position has strengthened. However, risks to economic outlook from external shocks remain substantial and the country needs to speed up structural reforms to reduce poverty and boost shared prosperity, points a new Economic Update launched today by the World Bank.
A Special Topic paper addressing agricultural subsidies examines Moldova’s agricultural subsidies program and ways to improve the equity and efficiency of public capital spending on agriculture, including ways to support innovative and competitive investments in the sector.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”