The Private Sector Liaison Officers (PSLO) Network is a network of local business intermediary organizations (chambers of commerce and industry, business and trade associations, or investment promotion agencies) around the world, who facilitate Small and Medium Entreprise (SME) access to World Bank Group products and services and interaction between the WBG and the private sector.
As of Oct 2005, three PSLOs are hosted by the major Japanese business organizations --- Nippon Keidanren (Japan Business Federation), Kankeiren (Kansai Economic Federation) and ECFA (Engineering and Consulting Firms Association, Japan). Collaboration between the World Bank and Japanese private sector organizations includes staff exchange, coorganizing seminars, joint initiatives, information sharing, etc. On June 21, 2005, the first regional PSLO dialogue was organized via videoconference between Tokyo, Paris and Singapore. During this event, the three Japanese PSLOs -- Mr. Takashi Yoshimura of Nippon Keidanren, Ms. Noriko Mimura of Kankeiren, and Mr. Hiroya Takagi of ECFA, were formally welcomed to the network.
The World Bank Tokyo Office offers individual business consultations and detailed explanations about:
- Business opportunities related to World Bank activities
- Procurement Guidelines
- Consultant Employment Guidelines
- Standard Tender Document Specifications
- Operations Manuals
- PHRD Technical Cooperation Programs
- Japan Social Development Fund (JSDF)
- Japan Staff and Consultant Trust Fund (JSCTF)
The Tokyo Office also assists communication with Task Managers at World Bank Headquarters, provides advice on English-language materials for presentation to the World Bank, and plans and presents a variety of business seminars.
For business consultations, please contact Takao Ikegami, Business Information Advisor at the World Bank Tokyo Office (firstname.lastname@example.org, 81-3-3597-6650 or 03-3597-6650).
Please include the following information: Name (Japanese/English), Title (Japanese/English), Organization (Japanese/English), Contact Information (address, telephone/fax, e-mail), Availability, Questions/Consultation Details.
For information about the PSLO Network in Japan as well as general World Bank's private sector outreach activities, please contact Koichi Omori, Communications Officer, World Bank Tokyo Office (email@example.com, 81-3-3597-6650 or 03-3597-6650).
Useful Links and Documents
- Monthly Operations Summary - bid tendering information from World Bank projects
- United Nations Development Business (UNDB) Online - Published twice monthly by the United Nations, this site provides project information and bid tendering information for international development banks, such as the World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank and Asian Development Bank, and the United Nations
- dgMarket - Bid tendering information issued by Development Gateway (NPO offering procurement information for international institutions and national governments)
- Selection of Consultants by e-Procurement - Since January 2005, the World Bank has placed online the direct hiring process by consulting firms, to complement UNDB Online and dgMarket
- DACON (DAta on CONsultants) - The World Bank is creating a database of the consulting companies with an interest in business opportunities involving World Bank finance projects
- Standard Bidding Documents
- Standard Request for Proposals