If this is your first time applying for a job with the World Bank Group (WBG), select “Create an Account” on the Sign In page. Answer the “Why are you visiting this site?” pulldown with “To look for a job, internship.”
Once you have created an account, you will be automatically routed to sign in.
The application can be completed in as little as 15 to 30 minutes. Please complete the application in less than 2 hours. Your application may be disconnected due to inactivity.
You should have your work history and your name as it appears in your passport before starting.
Application process and notification
Selection for positions with the World Bank Group is extremely competitive and generates a large volume of applications. Regretfully, we are unable to respond to each applicant beyond the acknowledgement of resume/CV receipt. We cannot provide updates on the status of the application.
Some applicants will be contacted by a WBG recruiter.
- Pop-up Blocker: Please turn off all pop-up blockers.
- Firewall: You may not be able to apply due to restrictive firewall settings on your computer or network. Please try your application from multiple Internet locations.
- Browser: Please update your Internet browser to the most recent version.
- Application Timed Out: Error messages include Create/Update Resume 2 or Invalid default resume template (1116.8000). Restart your computer and complete the application within two hours.
Applicationpage is not available: The application is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
If the problem persists, use the "Contact Us" link. We will support you in submitting your application. Please specify the job number and provide a detailed description of any error message you received. Please do not send your CV or application to this email address as we will not be able to consider such applications.
Please go to the Check Application Status page, sign in at our Member Center, and click on the Check Your Application Status link.
Your status will be shown as
- Applied (your application has been accepted)
- Long List (you are among many candidates being considered)
- Short List (you are a potential candidate)
- Interview (we would like to interview you)
- Not Selected (you were not chosen for the long or short lists)
Applicants who reach Short List or Interview status may be contacted for further information or to schedule an interview. We may begin evaluating applications before a vacancy is closed, so it is possible that your status shows that you have been "Not Selected" before the closing date.
The selection process may take from a few weeks to a few months, depending on the number of applications received and the availability of staff.